The One Card is the official FIU on-campus identification card, the only card you will need on campus. FIU students, faculty and staff can use the card as an ATM/debit card around town or on campus to shop, travel, dine and access free events.
On the back of the new card, there are two magnetic stripes. The blue stripe is coded with your Panther ID and is for the FIU Cash Account, a prepaid debit account that can only be spent on campus. The black stripe gives you access to a linked Wells Fargo checking account that you can use around town or anywhere in the nation that accepts PIN-based debit transactions.
FIU Cash Account:
There are four easy methods to add funds to your FIU Cash Account:
- By Credit Card — Staring Aug. 22, make online deposits using a credit card by logging on to shop.fiu.edu/onecard.
- At a ValuePort – Deposit cash into any of our 11 ValuePorts located throughout all our campuses for your convenience. A map with all our locations can be found here.
- In Person — Make cash deposits to your FIU Cash Account at the FIU One Card Office at your respective campus. Please note that the cashiers cannot accept credit cards.
- Mail Your Check — Checks and money orders must be in U.S. dollars, drawn on a U.S. bank and must be made payable to FIU. They must include your Panther ID number. Post-dated checks are not accepted.
The FIU Debit Account can be used at laundry facilities, on-campus restaurants, computer labs, the Fresh Food Company, the library, on-campus retail venues, Barnes & Noble at FIU and the Recreation Center, among other establishments. Each time you use your FIU Cash Account at a point of sale, your remaining balance will appear at the register.
All students are required to carry a new FIU One Card. To switch out for the new card, bring your old PantherCARD to the new FIU One Card office in PG 100 at Modesto A. Maidique Campus or WUC 143 at Biscayne Bay Campus and get your picture taken. If you are a new student, bring your class schedule for the current semester and a government issued photo ID (driver’s license, military ID or passport).
The first One Card is free. There is a replacement charge of $15 if the original card is lost, stolen or damaged.
There is no fee or interest charged on your FIU Cash Account. However, there is a service fee for online deposits made with a credit card. There is also a withdrawal fee for students or employees who would like to withdraw funds from their account prior to graduation or termination of employment. The FIU One Card Cash account is intended for on-campus purchases, not cash withdrawals.
Wells Fargo Debit Account:
You can link your FIU One Card to a Wells Fargo account to take advantage of using your card on and off campus. A Wells Fargo College Checking account offers students many benefits including:
- Monthly service fee waived when linked to your FIU One Card
- Direct deposit available for your financial aid and/or paycheck
- Around-the-clock account access with Wells Fargo Online® Banking
- Banking on the go with Wells Fargo Mobile® Banking2
- Free access to cash at three Wells Fargo ATMs on campus and 12,000 ATMs nationwide
There is a full Wells Fargo branch at MMC in PG1 (formerly known as the Gold Garage) next to the new FIU One Card office where you can link your card and conveniently manage all your banking needs right on campus.
If you have any questions regarding the FIU One Card, call 305-FIU-CARD (305-348-2273) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For any Wells Fargo banking services questions, call 305-228-4285.