Dipak Jain, chairman of the Jain Education & Research Foundation, received an honorary degree from the College of Arts & Sciences during Spring 2012 Commencement. Jain currently serves as dean of INSEAD, one of the largest business graduate schools in the world. As chairman of the Jain Education & Research Foundation, Jain has overseen the establishment of the Bhagwan MahavirProfessorship in Jain Studies at FIU. The evening before the April 30 ceremony, Jain was welcomed to campus during a reception at the Ronald W. Regan Presidential House hosted by President Mark B. Rosenberg and College of Arts & Sciences Dean Kenneth G. Furton.
- FIU featured by UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
- FIU graduates overcome odds, uplift our community
- Documentary features unlikely friendship between dissidents
- Student-grown poinsettias for sale this holiday season
- Venture capitalists check out StartUP FIU companies