TEDxFIU will inspire, motivate, and take you beyond the world you know.
The inaugural event will explore topics as varied as the need for fundamental changes in medical care, humanity’s future in space, and green energy in India.
The eight speakers chosen to speak on the theme of “Beyond the World You Know” are:
- Paralympic Athlete Ileana Rodriguez
- Attorney and Author Elizabeth Price Foley
- Student Philanthropist Ximena Prugue
- Musician/Composer Tony Succar
- Presidential Medal of Freedom Recipient Dr. Pedro “Joe” Greer
- Extra-Galactic Astronomer James Webb
- Extreme Events Researcher Richard Olson
- Student Leader Philip Koenig
To read more about these TEDxFIU speakers, click here.
More than 65 talented members of the FIU community applied to participate. It quickly became clear to the committee of faculty, students and staff reviewing each entry that this university is truly Worlds Ahead.
Starting at 10 a.m. on Oct. 1, tickets will be available on a first come, first served basis. Please click here to secure your ticket. As a reminder, TEDxFIU will take place on Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:30 p.m. at the Herbert and Nicole Wertheim Performing Arts Center.
TED, which stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design, was created in order to share ideas, increase understanding and participate in a global conversation. We are excited to be part of this important dialogue. This independent TEDx event is operated under license from TED. To learn more about the TED organization, please visit ted.com as well as our TEDxFIU website, tedxfiu.com