More than 200 students are spending their Spring Break serving others, some as close as Marathon, FL, and others as far as Ometepe, Nicaragua, as part of FIU’s largest, award-winning service learning program, alternative Breaks (aB). We’re following their adventures here via Instagram and Twitter (#FIUaB) throughout the week. So, check back often.
- Guilarte discovery opens door to further research into treatment of neurodegenerative disease
- Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine student receives VITAS Healthcare Scholarship
- FIU Hollo School students trump ARGUS’ challenge
- Young scientist revitalizes Biscayne Bay
- Psychologist turns to horses as therapy for kids in foster care