FIU has adopted a strict new policy that will give violators a ticket for stepping on the official school seal found in the front entrance of the Graham Center on the Modesto A. Maidique Campus. Hoping to reduce damage to the seal caused by people stepping on it, the Department of Extraordinary Issues has set up a Seal Police task force that will issue a fine to those who fail to walk around the beloved FIU emblem. Patrolling will be specially enforced during the peak hours of transit, between noon and 4 p.m. No warnings will be issued for first-time violators. Happy April fools panthers.
- Going green with new solar tables near Graham Center
- Algae give freshwater clues in the face of sea level rise
- From ABCs to lifelong friends
- U.S. Dept. of Transportation awards FIU millions to help build safer bridges
- FIU in D.C. debuts innovative bridge, high-rise design classes for professionals