This weekend FIU’s Modesto A. Maidique Campus will be hosting the MS Bike Ride and the Admitted Student Open House. These events, which will attract more than 3,000 people to our campus, will have a major effect on campus parking and traffic.
FIU Police and Parking and Transportation will help facilitate and direct traffic for these events, however we ask everyone to please use caution when entering and exiting campus.
Please note that Lot 4 (east of the Blue garage) will be closed starting today through Sunday, April 21.
Also, please take note of the following closures/detours:
Saturday, April 20, from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Directional signs will be in place as well as police.
- The entrance on Southwest 16th Street and 107th Avenue will be open for event participants only. Everyone else is encouraged to use the FIU entrance located on Southwest 8th Street and 112th Avenue.
- The entrance on Southwest 117th Avenue will be closed from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Students parked in Lot 6 (between the FIU Stadium and the Wertheim Performing Arts Center) will only be able to enter and exit through Tamiami Park.
- Lot 3 (east of the Gold garage) will be the only parking lot accessible to those not participating in the events
Sunday, April 21, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The entrance on Southwest 16th Street and 107th Avenue will be closed going south at the roundabout to ensure the safety of the riders returning for MS Bike Ride closing ceremonies.