In preparation for the Homecoming football game festivities on Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013 against the University of Alabama at Birmingham, please note the following parking and traffic changes at MMC:
Parking Lot Closures
- Lot 6 and Lot 7: Starting at 10 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 10, 2013, no vehicles will be allowed entry to Lot 6 (east of FIU Stadium) and Lot 7 (west of FIU Stadium). All vehicles must be removed from these lots by noon on Friday, Oct. 11, 2013.
- Lot 24: All vehicles must be removed from Lot 24 (a small parking lot on the east side of the stadium) by noon on Friday, Oct. 11, 2013, when the lot will be closed.
- Lot 9: Starting at 11 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 11, 2013, Lot 9 (east of the Panther Garage) will be closed in preparation for the Homecoming Parade. All cars need to be removed from Lot 9 by 7 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 11, 2013.
- Cuban Memorial parking lot: Starting at noon on Friday, Oct. 11, 2013, the east side of the Cuban Memorial Lot (east of the stadium at Tamiami Park) will be closed to create a traffic lane for the parade.
Starting at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013, the following two streets will close to vehicular traffic:
- 17th Street, from the Herbert and Nicole Wertheim Performing Arts Center (WPAC) to the Baseball Stadium.
- The section of Campus Drive that goes from SW 11St. (in front of the U.S. Century Bank Arena) to SW 14 St. It will be open to local traffic prior to the parade and will reopen to all traffic after the parade.
You may find additional parking in Blue, Gold and Panther Garage.
For a campus map, click here.
We encourage you to plan ahead for those days and seek alternative routes when exiting campus.
If you need additional information, please contact the Department of Parking and Transportation at 305-348-3615.