As homecoming rapidly approaches Oct. 6-12, we took a look back into the archives at kings and queens past.
Some more fun facts about homecoming:
- Before FIU had a football team, homecoming was celebrated during the soccer season.
- For several years, FIU had two homecoming kings, two homecoming queens and two homecoming courts: one for each campus.
- The homecoming concert was introduced in 2010. The inaugural concert featured Lifehouse. Subsequent headliners have included Lupe Fiasco, Kaskade, B.o.B. and Cobra Starship.
- The Panther football team has won 5 of its 11 homecoming games to date.
- The 2011 homecoming game versus Duke University set a record for the largest home crowd attendance, with 22,682 people.
Get the full details on homecoming celebrations and events at http://hc.fiu.edu.
See yourself or someone you know in the slideshow? Let us know what you’re up to now! Or if you have a photo from a year that is missing, send it in and we’ll add it to the slideshow. Contact Angeline Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org. ♦