Florida International University´s Latin American and Caribbean Center is bringing together experts to discuss the current political turmoil in Venezuela and the potential consequences as the conflict unfolds.
The panel will feature:
- Manuel Gómez, College of Law: legality and human rights
- Astrid Arrarás, Political Science: political motives and consequences
- Leonardo Ferreira, Journalism and Mass Communications: the role of social media
- Felix Martin, International Relations: international repercussions
- Frank Mora, Latin American and Caribbean Center: security issues
The discussion will take place in the School of International and Public Affairs, Room 103, at FIU’s Modesto Madique Campus on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at 3:15 p.m.
The discussion is free and open to the public. For more information, call (305) 348-2894.