Student Affairs is looking to recognize exceptional students during the division’s annual Outstanding Student Life Awards held in spring.
To nominate a student who serves as a source of pride and inspiration by giving unselfishly of themselves to make FIU a better place for the university community, click here. The nomination deadline is Monday, Jan. 29.
Sponsored by the Division of Student Affairs, the Outstanding Student Life Awards is a unique opportunity for faculty, staff and students to recognize FIU student leaders who have excelled academically and in the areas of distinguished service to others, scholarship, innovation, leadership, diversity advancement and promotion of the Panther Spirit. Unlike other award ceremonies, the Outstanding Student Life Awards is the only one to honor students from every academic year and college.
To view the award categories and criteria, click here.
To nominate a student simply:
- Complete this nomination form by Monday, Jan. 29.
- Write a letter of recommendation showcasing examples of the strengths of your nominee (Upload it along with the nomination form)
- Provide contact information for the student, who will receive a request to submit additional information such as a resume and permission to access university records
Eligible students must:
- Demonstrate leadership in the university community through formal and informal leadership roles in organizations and activities that enhance life on campus
- Be an enrolled student at FIU during the semester of the awards ceremony (Spring 2018)
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75
- Be in good standing with the university
If you have any questions about the nomination process, email the Student Life Awards Committee at SLA@fiu.edu.