Is it bun-salad-cheese-patty-bun? Or is it bun-salad-patty-cheese-bun?
In Miami burgers come stacked with shoestring fries on a chorizo patty. But while Google CEO Sundar Pichai is hard at work fixing the burger emoji some have called an “abomination,” FIU students can weigh in on the debate by creating their own burger that ups the ante on flavor.
Will drop everything else we are doing and address on Monday:) if folks can agree on the correct way to do this! https://t.co/dXRuZnX1Ag
— Sundar Pichai (@sundarpichai) October 29, 2017
Your recipe could win you big money for school this year and the chance to have your gourmet burger featured at the 17th annual Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival.
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Brews is offering a $10,000 scholarship to the FIU student or team who creates an original burger concoction that tops them all.
The winner of the sixth annual Red Robin Golden Robin Contest will be invited to showcase his or her burger at the Festival’s Heineken Light Burger Bash presented by Schweid & Sons and hosted by Guy Fieri on Friday, Feb. 23, 2018. The winning burger may also be featured on Red Robin’s menu.
The contest is open to students in all majors at FIU through Friday, Nov. 17, 2017.
Previous winning creations include:
- Chemistry major Given Suman’s The 305 Burger in 2017
- Hospitality management majors Michelle Nicole Diaz and Yolanda Marie Suarez’s Loaded Baked Potato Burger in 2016
- Marketing major Alex Bello’s Buffalo Mac ‘n’ Cheesy Burger in 2015
- Hospitality management major Derrick Deal’s Bubblin’ Brown Sugar Bar-B-Que Double Burger in 2014
- Hospitality management major Luciana Page’s Korean Kalbi BBQ Burger in 2013
Red Robin continues to be an important partner in education with FIU, having donated $50,000 for student scholarships since the contest’s inception. For Red Robin Golden Robin Contest rules and to submit an application, visit sobefest.com/redrobin.