Today is FIU Day in Tallahassee!
Members of the FIU community – including students, faculty, alumni and members of the FIU Board of Trustees – will be in the capital, advocating for FIU’s 2018 legislative priorities and thanking the university’s legislative delegation for their continued support of FIU.
Members of the Florida legislature, which includes six FIU alumni, have been extremely supportive of FIU’s priorities and have helped FIU grow and thrive into one of our community’s anchor institutions.
The university needs your help to make sure Panthers are heard loud and clear on FIU Day! Here’s how to help create buzz about FIU wherever you are:
- Add some FIU spirit to your Facebook or Twitter profile. Click here to get started.
- Join FIU in encouraging the state legislature to champion FIU’s priorities and thank them for recognizing that FIU’s success is the community’s success and that Higher Education = Stronger Economy. Tweet this now and don’t forget to tag your legislator: It’s #FIUDay 2018! Help support @FIU priorities because Higher Education=Stronger Economy @DadeDelegation @FIUgov
- Follow @FIUgov on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Don’t forget to use #FIUDay and tag @FIUgov in all of your posts.
- Stop by the GC pit at Modesto A. Maidique Campus or Panther Square at Biscayne Bay Campus today, Wednesday, Feb. 7, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. for free food, giveaways and to learn more about what the university is doing for students and the community.
The 2018 legislative session convened on Tuesday, Jan.9, and is expected to conclude on Friday, March 9. Please click here to find the weekly legislative updates provided by FIU’s Governmental Relations team.
To view Frequently Asked Questions regarding legislative activity, please click here.
To learn more about the university’s presence in the nation’s capital, visit FIU in D.C.’s website.