Our first installment of 5 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Borrow at FIU Libraries received such great feedback that we decided to do it again. Here are another 5 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Get at FIU Libraries.
- Flash drives –If you have ever found yourself stuck between no internet and an unfinished paper, this one is for you. With the emergence of cloud storage, flash drives have lost some of their glamour; yet, we know that with any technology comes possible problems. Introducing your plan B. If you need to guarantee access to a presentation for a class or edit your paper on an offline computer. The Library has your back.
- Canon cameras – In honor of our photography enthusiasts or the students who want to take it to the next level and include high quality photos in their next project, professional grade Canons are available to you, the only thing needed will be your own SD card for all those Vogue ready images you are going to capture.
- Three day laptop rentals – This may the most rewarding entry on the list. Offered as a result of the expressed need of students lacking computer access, three day laptop rentals present an elevated level of flexibility and allows for students to finish a paper or project on an off campus site like home or work.
- Rare music and documents from across Latin America – If you’re working on a project surrounding Latin American culture and/or music, FIU Libraries has a hidden gold mine for you. Referred to as one of the most comprehensive collections available for public consumption. The Diaz-Ayala Archive is a treasure trove of music and materials from all across Latin America going back as early as the 1910s. You can learn more about the archive onlineand explore the collections and materials through dPanther.
- Sound mixers (BBC Only) – How about amazing sound quality to go with that video? When it comes to video and imagery, we are a high producing generation and that phenome is largely aided by phone cameras that put out pretty decent quality pictures – too bad the same can’t be said about the sound. Don’t Settle for great video with subpar sound, mix it up with our Sarasonic Sound mixers.
As you may have guessed from the last entry, there are somethings that are unique to a particular location, so next time you’re at an FIU Library, feel free to ask what tools and resources are available to you.