FIU will close at noon on Sunday, Sept. 1, in anticipation of the arrival of Hurricane Dorian.
Classes are canceled through the Labor Day weekend.
Faculty and staff on the essential employee list must check with their supervisor for instructions.
- On-campus residents should pay close attention to instructions from the Department of Housing and Residential Life at MMC and Bayview management at BBC. All on-campus residents who are able to go home should do so as soon as possible.
Add/Drop and Payment deadlines
- Add/Drop and payment deadlines are being extended until further notice. New deadlines will be announced next week.
Libraries and Rec Centers
- All libraries will close at 5 p.m. on Saturday.
- The BBC Wellness and Recreation Center will be closed on Sunday.
- The MMC Wellness and Recreation Center will close at noon on Sunday.
- For an updated list of what is open and closed, please visit https://shop.fiu.edu/dining/restaurants/
Parking and transportation
- Any member of the university community who would like to keep a vehicle on campus over the weekend is welcome to do so. Please park in the type of spot that the vehicle is registered for in one of the garages – not on the ground floor and not on the roof. All vehicles must be off the top deck of parking garages by 11 p.m. on Friday.
- Family and friends of FIU are also welcome to park in the garages. Space will be limited and available on a first-come first-serve basis. Please complete the reservation form. Completing the form does not guarantee a space will be available. Please have the vehicle in the garage by 3 p.m. on Saturday.
Be alert, be prepared
Please continue to pay close attention to updates from the National Hurricane Center and the news media.
The university will reopen as soon as it is safe to do so. In the coming days, please look for official university communication through email and on social media channels regarding operations next week.
Please make good use of this time to prepare and take responsibility for the safety of yourself and your family.