For the past five years, FIU alumni, staff and students have put their culinary skills to the test at the Taste of FIU Cook Off—the university's premier annual cooking competition benefiting the United Way. If you've never been, here are five reasons why not to miss this year's cook-off from 4 to 6 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 6, in the Graham Center ballrooms.
- Cheer on your favorite contestant as FIU alumni, staff and students compete in FIU’s ultimate cooking showdown for the title of FIU’s Best Chef.
- Spend a fun-filled evening with colleagues, friends, and family while enjoying a wine bar and delectable gourmet bites with the price of admission.
- Get all your holiday shopping done in one place and supporting a great cause. You’ll be able to score amazing items during The United Way LIVE auction which will take place immediately following the cook-off.
- Help double fundraising efforts to assist our community. All proceeds will benefit the United Way of Miami-Dade whose mission is to build a stronger Miami. Every dollar the United Way receives is converted into $2.70 via matching funds, grants and in-kind donations. "Together, we can meet FIU’s goal of raising $200,00 for the United Way," says Vanessa Vazquez, Taste of FIU committee member and associate director of Event Planning for the Graham University Center.
- This year’s event will be better than ever and everyone will be talking about it for days. You don’t want to miss out!
Purchase tickets today here.
- $20 Online Advance Purchase
- $25 at the door
- $240 VIP Section. Included in VIP section: designated seating for 6, bottle services, food and complimentary take home bottle of wine.
If you can’t attend, you can still support your favorite chef earn the title of Top Fundraiser by donating to their fundraising goal here. Each United Way Taste of FIU Cook Off contestant has a goal of fundraising a minimum of $500 to benefit United Way of Miami-Dade.