Innovative and award-winning, FIU gets recognized for pushing industry standards for its educational campaigns and communication initiatives.
Each year, the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) recognizes best practices in promotions for communications, marketing, alumni relations, fundraising and the members who contribute to the growth of university advancement. This year, FIU was recognized for 13 campaigns in advertising, electronic and digital media, graphic design, programs and projects, and writing and publications.
Judged by experienced peer communicators, CASE District III Awards collected submissions from institutions throughout the northeastern United States. The district has more than 450 member institutions and is one of eight that comprise CASE nationally.
"These awards are a testament to the great work we are doing at our FIU," said Sandra Gonzalez-Levy, senior vice president of External Relations, Strategic Communications and Marketing. "This is a real triumph, and I would like to thank CASE for recognizing our team’s efforts."
The theme of academic success can be seen across several of FIU's winning pieces. The STAND OUT Admissions Viewbook was created to attract prospective high-achieving students.
Another winning piece was the College of Arts, Sciences and Education (CASE) Magazine 2019. To tell the story of high achievement, the publication continues a reader-friendly trend with energetic photography.
FIU was also a district finalist in the Best Practices in Fundraising category with "The Battle for Miami: The Donor Participation Challenge to Win the City," and additionally received honorable mention for "Shine Bright! 82% Participation Ignited $5.4 Million from Faculty/Staff."
"We are excited to see that our hard work has been recognized with this year's CASE District III Awards,” said Howard Lipman, senior vice president of Advancement and CEO of the FIU Foundation. “These accomplishments are something that everyone who is part of FIU and the Next Horizon campaign should be proud of."
The advertising campaign and video were done by Sting House, an external advertising agency led by alumnus Alberto Padron '09.
Here are all of the awards that FIU took home from this year's CASE District III Awards:
- Mobile Application – Utility/Service: Pick Your Passion
- Social Media Strategy and Execution: #RepFIU Campaign
- Multipage Publication or Folder: FIU Housing Viewbook
- Recruitment Publication Series: STAND OUT Admissions viewbook
- Low Budget Publication: Mohsin and Fauzia Jaffer Center for Muslim World Studies Proposal
- Fundraising Video: Building Better Wings: Next Horizon Campaign Video
- Feature Writing: "Change is coming"
- Writing for the Media: "Scientists discover how mosquitoes zero in our sweat"
- Advertising Campaign: Next Horizon Campaign
- Overall Annual Fund Program: Shine Bright! 82% Participation Ignited $5.4 Million from Faculty/Staff
View the full list of 2020 winners here.