All are invited to learn about the national holiday and participate in a week of campus events.
- Understanding Juneteenth: History, significance and upcoming celebrations at FIU
- Teenage brains are drawn to popular social media challenges – here’s how parents can get their kids to think twice
Elisa M. Trucco, associate professor of psychology at FIU and Julie Cristello, doctoral candidate in clinical science at FIU write in The Conversation.
- ‘Get down from the car’ is an expression you'll probably only hear in Miami. New research explains why
FIU sociolinguist Phillip Carter led a study that confirms a new dialect is emerging in Miami.
- Wertheim School of Music and Playing For Change Foundation announce partnership, create pipeline to higher education
The collaboration supports the talents and upward mobility of local students.
- FIU Theatre’s latest play reveals the resilience of the human spirit in the face of war
Necessary Targets by Eve Ensler shines light on women traumatized by the war in Bosnia.
- Everything you ever wanted to know about Ramadan (but were afraid to ask)
A Muslim professor of religious studies answers questions about the holy month of fasting, happening now.
- Students, community gain insights on navigating professional world as women of color at annual forum
Amid Women’s History Month, the FIU brought together Black women and allies for a day of cultural celebration, introspection, networking and empowerment.
- FIU Cares: Earthquake Relief Concert
Students, faculty and staff organize a relief concert to benefit the victims of the February earthquakes that devastated southern Türkiye and northern Syria.