The Brain, Behavior and Environment program was highlighted for its outstanding neuroscience work.
- Stempel College's research program featured in Society of Toxicology’s leadership film series
- FIU awarded $6M to boost mental health support for children and youth in Miami-Dade public schools
The federal funds will help prepare FIU graduate students to work as school psychologists and social workers at a time of historic critical need.
- College of Medicine celebrates success in early residency matches
So far six of six medical students were accepted to their programs of choice.
- USDA taps FIU professor to develop new dietary guidelines for Americans
The work of Cristina Palacios, chair of dietetics and nutrition, will impact the lives of millions looking to improve and maintain health.
- A med student's perspective: the power of holding someone’s hand
A medical student encounters a scared cancer patient who refuses to engage with her. It all changes when she decides to hold the patient's hand.
- FIU wins $19.4M NIH grant to fight health disparities
The research funding will target HIV and COVID-19, Alzheimer's disease and childhood cancer among minority populations.
- FIU Stempel College researchers awarded NIH supplement grant to explore the role of a neuroinflammation protein in Alzheimer’s disease
Researchers are working to identify risk factors and treatments to help slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
- FIU students get a crash course in disaster response
Three-day disaster field operations exercise tests students’ abilities to respond to a large-scale international disaster.